Tuesday, February 21, 2006


My Big Trip Up North !

This past weekend I went to northern NJ with my mom and dad.
It was a very long drive up in the truck. I dont particularly like riding in vehicles yet. My mom says I will when I get older. But right now, they kinda scare me. I tried to sleep for most of the way up there. I sprawled out on the front seat between mom and dad for most of the trip up. But then I moved to the back seat because my blankie was back there. It took about 4 hours to get to my Great Auntie Dee's house. She lives in the "mountains" of NJ.

When I first arrived I met Great Auntie Dee, Great Uncle Steve and my little Aunties: Samantha, Jessica and Alyssa. They all loved me. And I loved them too. They were a lot of fun. Its always interesting to have new humans to smell, chew on and play with. My Auntie Jessica took me outside a lot. She loves animals and wants to be a vet when she gets big.


This is a picture of me and my little Auntie Alyssa.



My cousin Liberty (who is very big! She is 1/2 Newfoundland) scared me at first. She is large and full of energy. I have to admit, looking up at such a large dog made me nervous. Eventually Liberty realized that I am MUCH smaller than her and decided to be more gentle with me. We played a lot. She took my rope toy and played "Keep Away" with me. My other cousin, Chance, didnt really like me. He growled at me and didnt really want to play with me. Thats ok though. I think he will like me when I get a little bit bigger. Maybe its because I am small right now. My mom tried really hard to get pictures of me and Liberty playing, but we ran around so fast and were always on the move that it was hard for her to get a decent one of us. Hey.... we were having fun, there was no time to stop and pose.
Me and Liberty:

I had a lot of fun. The weekend was over really quick it seemed and we headed back home. I hope to see my cousins (and my human relatives) again soon.

*wags tail*

6 Comments:

Blogger Sam I Am said...

Spirit~
What wonderful pictures of your holiday,You are in what we call the weimy ears and paws state .You really did some growing over the weekend ..thank you for sharing your weekend with us wish we where there with you .

1:35 PM  
Blogger Spirit said...

Sam

My ears and paws are SO big. Over the past few days I have really begun to stumble over my own feet a lot.

I am really sprouting, like a weed!!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Freda said...

Hey Spirit,

Thanks for joinin' my 'DeltaBunny Buddies' list. You the first one. YEA!

What cool photos. That's cool that Jessica wants to be a vet. My secretary is a vet but I think that means somethin' else.

I saw your picture in the truck and got a little worried. I saw no seat belt. I wear one whenever I travel. (No, I didn't wear one when my friend, Tule, was here.) Tsk, Tsk. But... go to my postin' below and check out the link there.
http://deltabunny.blogspot.com
/2005/08/mom-is-gone-againban-nintendogs.html

I know you are still growin' and may need to get several different sizes, but better safe then sorry.

At least get your humans to think about it. (No, neither I nor my humans sell such things. Just want my buddies to be safe.)

Woof!

Freda

4:21 PM  
Blogger Spirit said...

Thanks for the info about seat belts. My mom has been thinking about them too. She saw them in a magazine and became interested.
Mom and dad wear seat belts so I am sure eventually they will want me to wear one too.

*wooof*

5:49 AM  
Blogger Freda said...

Hey Spirit,

Coool! We don't need no flyin' dogs.

Be careful.

Woof!

Freda

12:35 AM  
Blogger Spirit said...

Freda -

No wings on this Spirit.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home