Thursday, February 09, 2006

A Story of Stairs and Feline Sisters

I am finally learning how to get up those towering stairs that lead to the second floor. I can make the small steps that lead outside just fine, but my little legs still have problems with the long stairs. By the time I get two steps from the top, I have to slow down because I am struggling - then the landing is wood so its slippery. Grrrr. Even worse trying to go down though. I sort of do this slide on my belly thing, using my front paws to take me down the next step. Sometimes my back paws are two steps behind my front paws though and so I kinda just slide down like a sleigh on a snowy hill. My mom tells me I need to take it slower and I will learn. I just think they need to install an escalator for me.

Upstairs is fun though so I dont mind the struggle to get up there. In the morning when mom goes upstairs to do some web surfing and emailing, I follow her up and lay down on the floor by her desk. The floor is wood and I would slide, so mom put down an old towel for me to lay on. It's my quiet time with mom... we both enjoy it.

This was me this morning:

My feline sisters (Maya, Sara & Pixie) like to hang out upstairs too. They sit in the window and sun bathe most of the day. Occassionally I try to play with them, but for the most part, they dont want too much to do with me...especially Sara and Pixie. Maya is the most tolerant of the bunch. Mom is trying to teach me that they arent my toys and that I shouldnt treat them as such. She said its important for me to learn this now because of my natural prey drive. I think I will remember it - so far I havent spit up and cat hair balls. *looks innocent with puppy dog eyes* A few days ago I followed mom upstairs and laid down by her desk and Maya came over and laid down by me. I think she approves of me. She's kinda fat (dont tell her I told you that though) and she pushed me and took up most of my blankie. She even rolled on her back trying to get me to rub her belly. Well, I am not her personal belly rubber, so I ignored her and went back to sleep. It was nice to have the company though... made me think of all the times I cuddled up with my brothers and sisters before we all went to our new homes.

Well, I think I am going to go now... I want to try and investigate the closet. I know they keep my food in there and if only I could find a way to get in there when they arent looking.
See ya later!!

Me and Maya:



4 Comments:

Blogger Sam I Am said...

what a wonderful Story ,She is getting big .We can see the change in her.And its nice to meet Maya, Sara & Pixie,She will have lots of fun with them as she gets older.Waite till she masters the stairs.:)

woof!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Robin CHAN said...

so cute.. my 4 dogs live with my cats and they play with each other so often.

Yes, for a puppy to get up the stair would need great training.. and wait till u teach them to climb down the stair... that's more tough!

1:35 AM  
Blogger Spirit said...

Hi Sam & Robin

Those stairs are tough, but I am getting better at going up them every day. Going down in a whole other story though.

*wags tail*

6:42 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Cute pictures!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home