Thursday, March 23, 2006

NEW YORK MUSEUM GOES TO THE DOGS!

William Wegman, an artist who my human mom said made Weimy's famous, has an art exhibit at a NYC museum. I think Sam I Am and I should pose for him. After all, we are famous bloggers. *sticks tongue out*

Here is a link to the article about Mr Wegmans exhibit.
http://www.voanews.com/english/2006-03-21-voa97.cfm

I would love to see an artist pose all sorts of dogs (and maybe even cats), I think that would be pretty neat. Maybe a calendar of doggie bloggers!!! "Bloggin' Dogs 2007" !
Here is the picture I will submit for December 2007, cause I am just so darn cute! This is my dads old recliner - mom keeps threatening to throw it out. But I like to sleep in it.





A lot of people see Mr. Wegmans pictures and think that Weims are easy pets. But that is not entirely true. We need a lot of exercise, attention and love. I hope people research more about our breed before they just go get a Weim. My Mom said a lot of Weimys end up in rescue organizations and foster homes because people didnt know what they were getting into when they got one of us. I also think that is the case with most pets. I watch my mom as she looks through Petfinder.org and I see lots of cats and dogs that need homes. I hope more people stop and think about the long term commitment they are making when they bring one of us (yes even cats) home.

9 Comments:

Blogger puppytoes said...

hi! just thought i'd write to thank you for your kind comment the other day! and to tell you how flattered/happy i am to have been added to your links! i've moved (don't know if you knew that)... i had so many problems with blogger i decided to try out typepad for a bit... and i added you to my links (hope ya don't mind!) new address is:

http://puppytoes.typepad.com

anyway... sorry i didn't get over here sooner (you know how it is with moving...) see ya soon, i hope!!! : D

10:59 PM  
Blogger Spirit said...

hi puppytoes

I will fix your link on my blogger so it goes to your new place. Cant wait to come see your new typepad page.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am such a nerd for not commenting on this post... love the link (thank you) and lovelovelove the pic of you in your dad's recliner! (i have my favorite spots, too, and would be very upset if they got tossed out, so i do think your mommy needs to keep that chair! besides, you do look totally cute in it!)

and my mommy would agree with the thoughts of a doggybloggy calendar... maybe we should work on that? (your mommy could also do one for herself, my daddy did one for mommy using a calendar program at shutterfly.com--it turned out totally cute!)

and you are oh-so-very-right about how folks lookin' for cute/wonderful puppies should research breeds and/or explore rescues ...mommy thinks pet-finder is fabulous (we're all purebreds here, but mommy is a huge fan of dog rescue organizations--in fact, her sister rescued one of the cutest little pups mommy's ever seen, and loveloveloves him to pieces!)

hope ya have a terrific weekend! "see" ya soon! : P

10:07 AM  
Blogger Sam I Am said...

Yes we should ,And it's a puppy chair thing.we are cuddle dogs .I have a Wegman print called Arc Witch I just love. Wegman bought his first Weimaraner, Man Ray, and the two discovered a shared passion for the camera. This collaboration continued with Wegman’s second Weimaraner Fay and her offspring, who remain the models in much of Wegman’s wry, unique work in which dogs are stand-ins for—and mirrors of—their human audience.
a "master of whims .More than a dog's taley,He is an amazing artists.And Spirit look at you posing so graceful.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spirit,

You are growing up to be such a beautiful young girl.

Great photo.

~Christina (Cooper's Mom)

PS - Cooper doesn't write b/c he is way too high energy. He just dictates these postings. = )

12:35 PM  
Blogger Günter said...

Hi Spirit, thanks for your comment on my blog! You are such a gorgeous weimaraner, I think would have got some concentration problems if I met you....

2:50 PM  
Blogger Jack Attack said...

Glad to see you dropped in! =D I've taken a look around and wow, your growing so fast! You're eyes are SO beautiful!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Ivy said...

i think your idea about posing cats and dogs for picktures is a great one. i volunteer to pose with all the cats, if i get to sample them after the photo. that sounds like fun!

mmmmmmm... cats!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Sam I Am said...

how is the 'LiL girl doing in Willards,How are you making out with the krate,Liks on your nose!!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home