Tuesday, July 04, 2006



Its been a crazy month!

Sorry I haven't updated my blog in a few weeks. Its been a little chaotic here at my humans house. My little sister, Ruby, has been very sick.
9 days after she came to live with us, she started having really icky poop with blood and slimy stuff in it. It was all watery and stuff. Gross. She wasnt eating very much and was throwing up.

My mom took her to the vet (scary!!) and they said she was dehydrated too. They gave her a shot and put lumps of water under her skin. Ruby looked like a camel. But really I was sad for her. My mom had to take home a bag of the water stuff from the vet and every few hours she had to put a needle in Ruby and give her more lumps of water under her skin.

After three visits to the vet in one week, they diagnosed Ruby with both Coccidia and Giardia. Mom was very worried that Ruby was going to go to doggie heaven because she was so sick. But, Ruby has been doing better the past few days now. Her poop is back to normal and she is eating and playing and being a happy puppy again!

I am happy too. Because now I have my playmate back. I love her very much. We go everywhere together. I take good care of her too. My mom said I would make a good mommie because I hold Ruby down and clean her face, ears & belly.

My mom is worried about me getting sick now too. So she is going to call the vet and see if she can get pills for me too... just in case. My poop is fine right now, but my mom doesnt want to take chances with me getting sick. I am healthy and happy.

Although there is one thing I am sad about. My doggie parents, Grace and Maxwell had a reunion party last month. I wanted to go to see my littermates and my older siblings but because mom had to stay home to take care of Ruby (she was getting the water lumps all weekend) we couldnt go. Coopers mom sent us a group picture though - and everyone is beautiful, just like me. I hope they do this again sometime because I would love to see everyone.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh... i'm so sorry to hear Ruby's been having such a hard time! i hope she continues to improve... and that YOU stay healthy, as well, dear Spirit! i'm sure this has been a terrible ordeal for your mom, and i hope she's doing okay, too.

this comment comes with love and all good wishes for a Happy -- and HEALTHY -- 4TH of JULY!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best to Ruby! Those pictures are just too cute.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Sam I Am said...

Spirit and Ruby
Very sorry to hear about your sister,We hope that all will be better soon,Ruby has spouted she is really getting big ..Big hugs and licks,Sam!!!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Brisztow Jones said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear about Ruby. I was a little sick too when I came home - I had an umbilical hernia and had to have an operation. So I know how it feels. Ruby is lucky to have such a great home and older sister, Spirt!

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - keep us posted on how Ruby is doing. We are wishing her a speedy recovery!

Cooper and Cooper's Mom

2:46 PM  
Blogger Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hope that Ruby is feeling better soon - you are doing a great job looking after her !
Please keep us posted.
Love
Opy

8:02 AM  
Blogger Sam I Am said...

Spirit and Ruby
just checking in to see what you guys are up to,woof

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home