Monday, July 17, 2006

We're Feeling Better !

Ruby and I are finally feeling better. I say "we" because just as Ruby was starting to get better, I got sick. Turns out Ruby had two things - Coccidia and Giardia. I caught them from her. Yuck! But I wasnt nearly as sick as she was. I just had watery poopies for three or four days. As soon as mom saw my poop getting icky, she called the vet and he gave me medicine right away. I dont really like taking pills, but I took these because I didn't want to get as sick as my little sister was.
Mom said please ignore the wood floor in this picture - mom and dad are getting hard wood floors put in - in the meantime its just this yucky plywood.

When we were both better, mom and dad decided to take us to the big park in Salisbury, as a treat! We walked on the trail and saw lots of geese, squirrels, ducks, people jogging and other dogs. It was very exciting. Then we went to a little area that was fenced in and mom let Ruby off her lease to run with me. I had to stay on my retractable leash because the gate entrances were open and wouldnt close - mom didnt want me to run out and into traffic. We had a lot of fun!

I cant wait for the fence to be finished in our backyard so Ruby and I can go outside and just run and run and run! Right now, we are always on our retractable leashes. I guess its cause mom is afraid that we will run in the road and get hurt.

Last time I went to NJ with mom and dad, they went over a friends house and I got to meet a Golden doggie who lived with those people. Well, the poor doggie died last week. She was two years old. Mom said that she got sick in her people's car and when her family pulled over to clean her up, she jumped out of the car and in front of a truck. Poor doggie. I was very sad because I liked her a lot. Dont let your doggies off leash any place where they can run in the road!


Other news: I have discovered a new love of ice cubes! I have been drinking a lot because its hot, but I drink too quick sometimes and throw up. Mom has started to give me some ice cubes to chew on before she lets me drink my water. She said it gives me some cold ice to cool me down a little bit before I drink - so I wont over do it. Me? Over do it? Never! *wags tail mischeviously*

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm soooo happy that you ar eboth better. I was so worried and you were in our thoughts here. Spirit, you look JUST like Cooper. It's so funny.

And the way you hug your sis when you sleep is too sweet. It makes us want to get a brother or sister for Coop.

Anyway - we're glad to see more awesome pics and to hear the good news.

Christina (Cooper's Mom)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Charlie Kelley-Church said...

Spirit, you are a very beautiful weimy. My mom used to raise weimies and you look just like one of them. I am glad you are feeling better. It's no fun being sick.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Yay, I am so glad that you are both feeling better ! You had us worried there for awhile !

Love
Opy

6:15 AM  
Blogger Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

We are glad you are both doing better. We love the picture of you sleeping together. You would never catch us hugging each other like that!

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

8:02 AM  
Blogger Sam I Am said...

woof--woof!!
We are glad to see that you are feeling better ..Its nice to see the 2 of you playing .

Lots of Licks

7:42 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Spirit,

I'm very glad you two are feeling better. I had Coccidia too, and it was no fun. I had to be on three weeks of those icky pills! Blech. Now I'm all better and Mommy takes me to fun places to run and be spazzy. She keeps hoping I'll burn off enough energy to stop zooming around the house...NEVER!!!

Nubbily Wiggles,
Ellie

11:44 PM  
Blogger Günter said...

Good to see that you are feeling better!!

When my mum saw the photo of the two of you sleeping she said that she wanted one more dog....... Hmmm, not sure what I think about that, but my dad said that one dog is enough. "Enough"??

Take care

Günter

3:57 PM  
Blogger SpillToJill said...

Beautiful Pooch!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Shmoo said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.
Until Huskies take over the world NO dog should be outside without being attached to a leash, no matter how "obedient" they are. Its just too dangerous.

When I am queen, no cars will be allowed on the roads, so it will be safe for us to run where we want. The humans will only be allowed to ride very low scooters that have air conditioned carts to pull us around on when we don't feel like running.

Meeshka

8:57 PM  
Blogger DustyDoodles said...

Tell your momma about Pup Pops! My Da momma makes them for me. She takes salt free chicken broth (or stock from when she makes me chicken) and freezes it in the ice cube tray thingie. Next best thing to OTTER POPS!!!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad to know that you are feeling better :) It's really not much fun to get sick.
Well, I also came here to tell you that you are tagged.
Come over to my blog to see what to do.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Sam I Am said...

Spiri and Ruby,
How are you doing in the Willards, We look forward see new pictures of you guys,

Chow for Now,
Sam

2:31 PM  
Blogger Brody the Bulldog said...

Yeah man, I know what you mean... I got Giardia one time too... from the kennel. WHEW! I tell ya - not a fun situation... and quite embarassing.

And the pills? Ptou! Yeeechhh.

The good news was that I got super-tasty food for a few days. And my mom made me 'pumpkin' snacks. Trust me, you should milk the whole "I don't feel so good" thing for as long as possible. Just a couple of pittiful looking eye-brow shifts and it will be raining treats for you, my friend.

Glad you're doing better, though - definately.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor little Ruby, but I'm glad you're both better. Our little fella, Brody, has coccidia and hookworms also. He's going to take medicine and we hope that Bailey and Baxter don't get it. We're doing a lot of poop scooping to keep it from spreading. Bad things that come from breeders - doesn't it kind of make you mad at them? Us too.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Poseidon said...

Sorry you've been sick, but I'm glad to see that you're feeling better. I don't get to run around unless I'm in a fence either, I'd take off after the first interesting thing I see, and I really really think traffic is interesting. Mama says playing in traffic isn't allowed though, so it's a leash for me!

And oh yeah......TAG!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Freda said...

Hey Spirit and Ruby,

I sure hope you gals are feelin' better. I'm a little worried since you haven't posted for a long time. Hope things are okay. A beautiful picture.

If both of you are feelin' alright, I'd like to tag you. You need to come up with one two one two (five) attributes that you think might make a true blue dog friend?

My dad kinda knows how you must have felt when you were sick. When he was workin' at the zoo, he and one two one two (two) other keepers had to transport a gorilla to another zoo far away. While on the trip, Dad got reeeeally sick. It turned out that he had giardiasis. Yuck! All he did was lie in the middle seat with the gorilla right behind him.

Again, hope you both are okay.

Woof!

Freda

6:09 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Hi Spirt,
I'm glad you both are feeling better! How are you doing now? I see you haven't posted in a few months. I guess you are probably busy taking care of your little sis. We just started our own blog, as we love reading all everydogs.
Akira and Shiro

1:33 PM  
Blogger Sam Iam said...

Pooch to Pooch~

Sending out a Grrrowl!and HAPPY HOWL-O-WEEN.sniff-sniff

Lot's of Lick's
Sam

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home